Sunday, June 12, 2011

What I've been up to- Part 3-Good Eats (& Juices!)

Blueberry Oatmeal n Banana Bake =) this was seriously insanely good!!! I think the best thing I've ever baked! I made this again for my coworkers and they loved it! 



Vegan Gingerbread w/Pumpkin
Ugh, let's just say it's not entirely healthy to make this cuz you end up wanting to eat the entire thing!!

  Juicin' Mad
Boyfriend surprised me with a juicer several weeks ago and we've been putting it to work! His favorite combo is oranges, carrots and pineapple.




I prefer mine with sugar beets.  This is the only way I find them enjoyable :)



yummy
 not pictured is an amazing flu/cold fighting juice - made it a few times and the flu symptoms were gone! Yes, your breath will stink, BUT it works! I swear, I felt like crap-had the juice and 45min later I was full of energy and symptom free! I drank this juice and other fruit/veggie juices for about a day and a half.




The Immune System Juice Booster

One serving - about 8 ounces


This juice is great for building and maintaining the immune system.


carrots chopped into ¼" pieces
1 stalk of celery chopped into ¼" pieces
apple chopped into ¼" pieces
½ cucumber chopped into ¼" pieces
½ beet with the greens, beet chopped into ¼" pieces
½ handful of wheatgrass
½ handful of parsley


I use the vegetable/fruit pulp to fertilize my garden plants (see garden post)
Yet another Eye it. Try it. recipe! Homemade Quinoa Cereal!




spreadin' the quinoa on parchment paper- one of my kids, Indy


off you go

50 or so minutes later (w/flash)


no flash- add any milk (I prefer almond) and some frozen fruit -super delicious!

Another recipe from Eye it. Try it.
banana tofu bars

my go-to green monster shake, I have this several times a week- whey protein, spinach, berries, chia seeds, almond/non-gmo soy milk


1 comment: