Saturday, April 30, 2011

Crappy Start to a Great Saturday!

Friday morning I woke up at my usual 5:35 and was surprised to see a text from my friend.  Her friend cancelled on a concert so she asked if I wanted to go- heck yeah! I'm down! Lol We went to 93.5 KDAY's Krush Groove concert.  Great old school hip hop =) Performers included Kurupt, Too Short, Xzibit, Digital Underground n more! Concert ended late so I didn't get home til 2am and I had to be up at 5am to drop off the bf at Angeles National Forest.  He went backpacking with his coworker for the weekend.  So anyways, I took my dog, Mac, with me to start the hike w/them and come back down.  So ... uh, I forgot I told my brother I'd meet him at 7:30! We were going to go to Chino, CA to a outdoor flea market where they also sell animals like chickens, goats, pigs, etc. Luckily, I had reception up in the hills past Altadena n got his text asking where I was so ran back down with Mac and drove off in a hurry.  Bad idea.  I must've not been fully awake (plus, I don't know the area) cuz I totally almost took a red light! I saw it about 15 feet away from the line so I hit the brakes- Mac was in the front seat so he went flying!  He's 80lbs of muscle so his big head cracked my windshield! I was more relieved to see he wasn't hurt or cut so we hop on the freeway and a fwy connector is closed!! Grr! So I call my brother and tell him I'm going to be a little late and he friggin cancels on me! He ended up going to work instead.  I went home to catch up on sleep.  

I woke up at 2pm and went to get my windshield replaced.  I LOVE that I live in LA and you don't ever have to pay full price for anything! I went to an auto glass repair area and found a place that only charged me $130 for the new window and install! At a dealership, this would have cost WAY more! Because I was in the area, I went to the Society of St Vincent de Paul Thift Store! I love this place, you never know what great things you'll find.  
This time I only bought 2 things -
Shirt by Mossimo for $2.99

t-shirt- $1.99

I then got a massive craving for Yogurtland haha so I treated myself to some- forgot to take pic! I may or may not have sat in the parking lot alone in my car eating it! =P

After that, I went to see my friend's pitbull puppies! Ahh, I died! They're too stinkin' cute! 

Lastly, I went to the 99 cents only which is seriously one of my favorite stores ever! I ALWAYS find great stuff there! Here's what I got today- not pictured are boxes of organic chicken broth and organic tofu I bought from a different 99cents only store by my work.
Yogurt was 0.59cents, balance bar was 0.69cents and everything else, 0.99
The Quaker Multigrain oatmeal is such a great buy! 8 packs?! I eat those often for breakfast at work =) 

I'm going to now organize all my makeup that ends up on all over the place! I bought these little plastic containers to help out with that!

Also, going to do a makeup look inspired by the spanish soap opera, novela, Teresa.  
I'll update with a pic of my results =)


Soo not the best lighting! and not the best quality pic (damn you, iPhone!) 
Anywho, she always has neutral /classic type makeup with a matte lipstick in shades of pink/red.  Her foundation is always flawless! Average to heavy eyeliner sometimes winged out with light shades on the lids.  I went with MAKE UP FOR EVER HD foundation in #127, stick concealer by L'oreal in Medium, MUFE lipstick Matte #24, L'oreal eyeliner, filled in brows with a soft brown by Coastal Scents, and eyeshadows by MUFE #35 called Buff for highlight and inner corner of the eyes, #37 shimmery golden yellow all over lid, #24 Cantaloupe (matte light apricot) outer V and blended above lid, and lastly #25 called Pearly Orange on top of #24 and blended upwards 
not entirely happy w/results haha gotta try it again later this week 






6 comments:

  1. Nice blog honey...I'm a new follower <3
    Hope you follow back :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog ;)

    http://fashionista-marika.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey nice blog..check out my blog http://trimmingsandlace.blogspot.com/ and if u like follow me..i shall do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the marilyn shirt is very cool!
    would love for you to take a look at my blog!
    http://juliasstyleutopia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog..i share a similar passion though towards music.Am doing sketches of musicians or wherever I see beauty. Here is my blog http://photozsketcher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete