Friday, April 22, 2011

A Quote that Stuck

"We're all mirrors that way, projecting and seeing the things we don't like in ourselves onto other people, then blaming them or attacking them for it...if you pay attention, you will see that what you defend against so vehemently is the issue you are struggling with personally.  You are so afraid of your own feelings of [e.g.] neediness that you bury them, repress them, and silence them- and then they creep out as projections onto other people." - Jillian Michaels in her new book, Unlimited 


This probably sounds pathetic but I started bawling as soon as I read this.  I never made that connection and now things seem to make so much more sense.  I'm currently have some issues with my mom and so this statement hit hard.  I realized a lot of her insecurities have passed onto me even though I deny it.  I'm thinking back to all the times she's made me feel weak or less than and now realizing my grandmother does the exact same thing to her.  Now, I'm thinking of the things that make me tick (in others) and realizing it's just my fear of that very thing manifesting itself into anger or other emotions.  I have to come to terms with my own issues.  It's a tough task.  It's easy to point out flaws in others but it's very tough to look inward and see what the root of that problem may be.  It's my Friday off work so I'm going to run some errands and clean the house but I'm also going to spend the day reflecting on my behaviors.  I hope everyone has a great day.  Happy Good Friday and Happy Earth Day! 
Here's a pic of Machu Picchu, Peru ...was there last year, ah how time flies! I wish I were there now =) 


(some random ones for kicks =P)

view from our hostal, central Cuzco



ah, beloved Machu Picchu

site of one of the bloodiest battles between the Incas and Spanish
Sacsayhuaman, Cuzco, Peru


feeding some llamas in Cuzco

in a church that houses the largest painting in South America! 

lomo saltado 

floating islands (yea, seriously- floating)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for checking out my blog! =)

    And great insight...it is hard to really judge ourselves...

    The pics of Machu Pichu are awesome. I love lomo saltado...hehehe=)

    ReplyDelete